Jubilee Weekend

If you were to ask me, I wouldn't really consider myself that much of a monarchist. Yet every time I mentioned this to anyone as they asked me what my plans for the Jubilee Weekend were, they laughed in my face and said I am one of the biggest they know! I suppose the truth lies somewhere in-between the two: normally I don't have much of an opinion on the Royal Family aside from thinking they are pretty much fine as they are, but what I do have a problem with is strident republicanism and so I will not hesitate to jump in and defend them when people start calling for them to be abolished. If you don't care for the Royals then that is fine, but I don't see why everyone else has to do without to fit your viewpoint.

In any case, I will be at Birmingham Pride for most of the long weekend, so won't be participating in any Jubilee fun, so here is my contribution - reviews of three Royal-related DVDs. Enjoy!

Labels: